Height: 6.1ft - 6.3ft
Weight: 175Ibs - 200Ibs
Last sighting: Haddonfield, IL Morgue
Age: 47 years of age
DID YOU KNOW?
- A. Michael Lerner was The Shape for the final 15 minutes of the
Theatrical Cut of HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS.
- In HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS, when Michael Myers chases the
doctor down the hall of red lights, the actor portraying Michael (A.
Michael Lerner) is actually chasing his real life father (Fred Lerner).
- Jamie Lloyd's name in the original HALLOWEEN 4 script was Britty.
- Stephen's name in the original drafts of HALLOWEEN 6 was Kyle. Named in
homage after Kyle Richards, who played Lindsey in the original.
- Rumor has it that John Carpenter wore the Michael Myers mask for some
of the scenes in HALLOWEEN. Tommy Lee Wallace wore the mask for the "closet
- Mike Lookinland was a Production Assistant on the set of HALLOWEEN 4.
He played Bobby Brady in the "Brady Bunch" TV series.
- The name of the radio station that Barry Simms was associated with in
HALLOWEEN 6 was WKNB. The 'KNB' was in reference to the "KNB boys," who
did the FX in HALLOWEEN 5 and were originally to do the effects in
- A few little known facts about the casting of HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF
MICHAEL MYERS :
- Wendy Benson auditioned for the role of Kara. Since auditioning, Wendy
went on to co-star as Shannon Amberson in Wes Craven Presents WISHMASTER.
- Michael Worth auditioned for the role of Tommy. Since auditioning,
Michael went on to audition for the role of Robin in BATMAN FOREVER. He was the
second choice to play Robin -- behind Chris O'Donnell who went on to
- James Parks auditioned for the role of Tommy. Since auditioning, James
went on to co-star recently in the TV movies, "House of Frankenstein" and
"Rough Riders" and an episode of the WB's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."
- Christopher Daniel Barnes auditioned for the role of Tommy. Since
auditioning, Christopher went on to land the groovy role of Greg Brady
in THE BRADY BUNCH MOVIE and A VERY BRADY SEQUEL.
- Denise Richards auditioned for the role of Beth. Since auditioning,
Denise landed the starring role in STARSHIP TROOPERS as Carmen Ibanez and most
recently WILD THINGS with Neve Campbell.
- P.J. Soles wanted to play the secretary, but the part ended up in
someone else's hands.
- Danielle Harris wanted to play Jamie Lloyd but Dimension Films would
not pay her the $5,000 she wanted.
- Howard Stern was asked to play the role of Barry Simms (originally
named Harry Simms -- initials H.S. like Howard Stern) but ended up declining,
in part because of the attention he had to put towards his (then) future
movie, PRIVATE PARTS.
- Dana Carvey had a small role in HALLOWEEN II. When the reporter
mentions that they need the parents' permission, you can see Dana Carvey in the
scene. It's basically a cameo.
- In HALLOWEEN II, a kid with a boom box on his shoulder bumps into
Michael Myers on his way to the hospital. That kid is the son of Dick Warlock,
who played Myers in that film.
- When Loomis and the Deputy are back at the Myers house, there is a
scene where two teenagers run up to tell them that Ben Tramer is missing.
One of the boys is Dick's other son, Billy Warlock.
- Laurie Strode is named after an ex-girlfriend of John Carpenter's.
- Tommy Doyle's name was from REAR WINDOW and Sam Loomis' name is from
- In Part 6, Debra Strode was named after Debra Hill, John Strode was
named after John Carpenter, Tim Strode was named after the writer's own
brother, Barry Simms is named after Bob Simms -- Lynda's boyfriend, Other
namesakes from the series include Billy Hill, named after Debra Hill, and Jamie
Lloyd, named after Jamie Lee Curtis.
- The Myers house originally looked how it did throughout most of the
original HALLOWEEN. Towards the end of shooting, the cast and crew painted it
and fixed it, to make it look like it did in the beginning when Michael
- The fire sequence at the end of HALLOWEEN II was filmed twice. Dick
Warlock had to walk on fire two times because the first take didn't look right.
- Jamie Lee Curtis wore a wig for HALLOWEEN II so that her hair would
look the same as it did in the original film.
- When Dr. Loomis drives away from Dr. Wynn in the original HALLOWEEN,
"Dr. Chance, to ward C please." can be heard over the intercom outside. John
Carpenter went under the name of James T. Chance when he edited ASSAULT
ON PRECINCT 13.
- The laundry room that Annie gets trapped in from HALLOWEEN was not in
the same backyard as the Wallace house. The laundry room was filmed
elsewhere in Hollywood.
- Mr. Strode's "Strode Realty" car in the driveway of the original
HALLOWEEN was really John Carpenter's car. The "Phelps" service truck belonged to
the catering company.
- On E! Entertainment's "Mysteries and Scandals," the episode focused on
Antonio Moreno, the late film actor who owned the mansion seen in
"Halloween: H20" as Hillcrest Academy. (The mansion is also the site
of host A. J. Benza's commentary.) The mansion, viewers learn, was sold
to the Catholic Church by Moreno's wife and became a home for wayward girls.
Now its halls are said to be haunted by either or both Moreno's and his
wife's ghosts. Creepy!
- The scenes in the original HALLOWEEN in which Annie and Laurie drive to
their babysitting jobs were totally improvised, while Debra Hill sat in
the back seat with a cameraman recording their talk.
- The UK version of Halloween III: Season Of The Witch" was heavily
trimmed? The US version runs approximately four minutes longer than the UK
version. The cuts are quite dramatic, for example there is a complete cutaway in
the scene where the android murders Harry Grimbridge in the hospital. We
see the fingers poised and the feet and Halloween mask moving, then we are
moved to the android wiping his fingers on the curtain. The UK version isn't
treated to the fingers actually pressing into his eyes! Similarly, the section
where Starker is attacked, people in the UK don't see his head being
pulled from his body, nor the geyser of blood. The most striking difference
is the scene where Marge Gutmann's face is blown away. In the UK version, all
that is seen are her hands quivering over her face and then a fade out. If
you live in the UK, you'll have to check out the new HALLOWEEN III DVD to
get the true version. Simon tells us that while the mentioned had been cut
out of previous releases of the film (on the now defunct Thorn/EMI label),
the film has since been re-issued on the Game Entertainment/Quantum Leap
label and appears to be the uncut version, as it shows ALL the scene's
mentioned, that where missing from the earlier release. The film has also been
screened uncut by the BBC (terrestrial) and on SKY Movies (satellite). The
footage was apparently cut out by the distributors for it's earlier release.
This was done presumably because when it was first submitted to the BBFC for
classification it was shortly after the "Video Nasties" furor of the
early 80's and so they decided to trim the gorier scenes to ensure a
- Inside Laurie's bedroom, there is a poster of a painting by James Ensor
(1860-1949). Ensor was a Belgian expressionist painter who used to
portray human figures wearing grotesque masks.
- Halloween's musical score is credited to the "Bowling Green
Philharmonic." There is no Philharmonic in Bowling Green, the orchestra is actually John Carpenter and an assortment of musical friends.
Q. Does Michael Myers have a middle name?
Q. Will there be a HALLOWEEN 9?
A. Yes, keep watching the NEWS HUB for details.
Q. What was the ending of Halloween 6 all about?
A. Nobody truly knows... I don't even think the director/writer knows.
Q. Where can I get a copy of the television scenes from Halloween II?
A. It is illegal to obtain a pirated movie, but try ebay.
Q. I can't find the HALLOWEEN novels. Do you know where to buy them?
A. Try eBay!
Q. Does Thorn really exist?
A. Yes. Look it up on the net for more info.
Q. Who or What is "The Shape?"
A. The Shape is what John Carpenter referred to Michael Myers as in the script. Throughout the movie
you only see the outline or Michael lurking in the shadows, non descript and very much a "shape".
Q. Who played Michael Myers in all of the films?
A. 1. Nick Castle
2. Dick Warlock
4. George Wilbur
5. Don Shanks
6. George Wilbur
7. Chris Durand
8. Brad Loree
Q. What time frame does HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION happen in?
A. The events of HALLOWEEN H20 took place "3 years ago" - which means the opening of HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION took place on Halloween, 2001. The Dangertainment exploration of the Myers House actually takes place a year later, on Halloween, 2002.
Q. There's no mention of John Tate in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION? What happened to him?
A. Look carefully at the picture on the wall behind Laurie's bed during the opening sequence.
Q. The Myers house seems completely run down in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION - there's no mention of a family living there in 1995 (HALLOWEEN THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS) - why?
A. The Dangertainment crew made the house look that way for publicity purposes.
Q. Where can I find a box set of all of the HALLOWEEN films together?
A. No box set yet except in the UK. PAL region 2, and only then it's a select few films. 1,2,3,4,5 & H20.
Q. Why is there no mention of Jamie Lloyd (Laurie's daughter) in H20 and why did she give her up and keep John?
A. The filmmakers ignored part 4-6. No 4-6, no Jamie.
Q. Is there an official Michael Myers mask?
A. Yes, Cinema Secrets has released a mask based on HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION called "Michael Myers 2002."
Q. What's up with an alternate version of Halloween 6?
A. An alternate "Producer's Cut" has leaked out to the public. It involves a totally different storyline than the theatrical Halloween.
Q. Where can I get this producer's cut?
A. It is illegal to obtain a pirated movie, but try ebay.
Thanks to www.halloweenmovies.com for some facts.